Facebook Facts And Stats You Need To Know In 2015
When we talk about social media, what comes to your mind first? It’s Facebook, right? Aren’t we all hooked to our smartphones and laptops checking the latest updates on Facebook?
And what if you want to share pictures of your latest vacation? It’s again through Facebook! Remember the thrill you experienced when you found your school friends on Facebook? Wasn’t that awesome?
Well, Facebook becomes our No.1 choice since it is extremely user friendly. Such is its popularity that it can undoubtedly be branded as the “King of Social Networking Sites!”
Facebook Facts – Apps Dominating Mobile and Desktop Platforms
Over the years, Facebook has acquired more than 40 companies for talent and technology. The largest among them was WhatsApp, which it purchased for a whopping $19 billion.
The mobile messaging app has 800 million monthly active users as of April 2015. It has taken over the SMS method of sending messages. Aren’t we connected with all our friends on WhatsApp? With the introduction of WhatsApp Calls, the popularity has increased manifold. If you want to connect with your cousin in the U.S., you can go ahead and call through WhatsApp! You don’t have to bother about the huge STD charges and bills.
Another noteworthy acquisition was Instagram, the popular photo-sharing website, which it purchased back in 2012. Now, Instagram has 300 million active users and 70% of them are outside the U.S. Around 30 billion photos are shared per month and 70 million per day. Aren’t the numbers intriguing?
Fascinating Facebook Stats
If you look at the fascinating stats of Facebook, you can see that Facebook rocks. The numbers show that it is really the No. 1 Social Networking Site!
Check them out for yourself:
- Facebook generates $1.4 million revenue per hour.
- 73% of the revenue is generated from mobile advertising.
- Facebook earns $2.5 billion in a quarter from mobile advertising.
- Facebook generated $12.47 billion in sales in 2014.
- Facebook has reached 1.44 billion active users whereas Twitter has 302 million monthly active users and Google+ has 2.2 billion monthly active users.
- Almost 82.8% of the daily active users are outside USA and Canada.
- Around 798 million users login to Facebook through mobiles.
- About 29% of the users are between the age group of 25-34 years.
- Users spend at least 21 minutes per day on average on Facebook.
- At least 20,000 people login to Facebook every second.
- Every 15 minutes Facebook has 7,246 new users.
- Every minute there are 150,000 million messages sent via Facebook.
- There are 49 million posts every 15 seconds.
- There are 100,000 friend requests every 10 minutes.
- There are 500,000 “likes” on Facebook every minute.
- Around 350 million photos are uploaded each day.
Are You Using Facebook for Marketing
Do you need help with your social media strategy? We are there to help you. Drop us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Know more about us at www.medialabs.in. Like and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
Hey, thanks for the info. Now what?
If you need any help with content creation, we have tons of free resources to get you over the hump. Please subscribe to this blog to ensure that you never miss an article.
Have questions or comments? Please use the comment form down below. We read and reply to every comment.
If you really enjoyed this post, please help us to spread the word by clicking one of the social media sharing buttons.